Hello! It’s Steph here. With summer coming to an end, I am getting really excited for fall so I thought I would write about 10 things making me happy right now.
- The weather is getting cooler which means my house is getting cooler at night. I am a really hot sleeper at night so I love the cold. Weirdly enough, I freeze at work.
- Fall decorations. I finished putting them up tonight, lit a candle and turned on my lamps. There’s just something about a cozy house. I’ll be sure to post some pictures later.
- Adam is not into mushy stuff and I didn’t think we would be doing anything for our anniversary and I was totally fine with that even though I like that stuff to a degree. But he surprised me when he said he wanted to go somewhere nice for dinner and picked somewhere he knew I would like. He even told them it was our anniversary so there was a nice little surprise when we got there. It’s a sweet memory I will always remember.
- We’re going to Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park in a few days and I am really excited to be traveling somewhere we’ve both never been and seeing some beautiful scenery.
- Cooler weather also means that yard work will kind of slow down. I know the leaves will be coming but I’m getting closer to not having to mow the lawn. Our backyard is mostly a hill so it is pretty exhausting to mow.
- I am already looking at fall recipes and desserts for ideas of things to try. It just puts me in a great mood.
- This one is silly but my mom had some of those black and yellow plastic bins from Costco that she didn’t need anymore so she gave some to me. I personally don’t think you can ever have enough of those and I’m pretty happy to use them to organize something even better. I love organizing.
- Has anyone seen the movie, “To All the Boys I Loved Before?” It’s a Netflix original. Michelle told me to watch it so I did and then I found out it was based on a book and that there were three books in the series so I bought all three books to read. I haven’t finished them yet but I just watched the movie for the second time. It’s just a feel-good chick flick.
- One of my friends from college is a nurse and she was being trained on laser hair removal and she needed some people to practice on. I happily volunteered and she did one treatment on my underarms and I can already see such a difference! It’s funny how exciting it’s been to not have to worry so much about whether or not I remembered to shave and what shirt I was planning on wearing. I can’t wait to go back and finish the treatments.
- A girl that was doing my nails told me about a podcast called, “Lore.” Aaron Mahnke tells short true-life scary stories. I’m a wimp with scary stuff and this wasn’t too scary. I started listening to it while I get ready for work in the morning. Each episode is less than 30 minutes so I get to listen to an episode every morning and I’ve really enjoyed it. Luckily there are already quite a few episodes so I haven’t run out of them yet and had to wait for new ones to come out.
It surprised me towards the end that I was having a hard time to come up with things to write about. It was a good reminder for me to be more mindful and look for the things that make me happy. I need to look for the positive and good in things.